zondag 27 november 2011

Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies


This weeks cooking theme at I Heart Cooking Club is Attitude of gratitude. Wich foods are you most grateful for? Since we don't celebrate thanksgiving in Europe(Those who do celebrate, I hope you all had a wonderful time). I cooked something up with chocolate! Because i'm so grateful for every piece of chocolate that i can put in my mouth. I really have to have my "shot" of chocolate well.... almost every day. With christmas coming up i thought this would be a good choice and i'm going to give them away this year as Tessa suggested.


Tessa says, "These I learned from my American friend Sue. When I first made them my children said they were the best ever and I must definitely put the recipe in this book - so here it is. I also love them with dried strawberries instead of cranberries, and sometimes my girls prefer them without the cranberries, just chocolate. I like these small so I make them no bigger than a good teaspoon of dough, but you might like to make them larger. I also like to take them as a gift, packed in a lovely box and tied with a ribbon. Unless you have a huge oven, you will need to bake these in batches so have the two cookie sheets ready."

Chocolate & cranberry cookies
Tessa Kiros, Apples for jam(pg.58)

Makes 30 cookies

5-1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup firmly packed soft brown sugar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1 egg
a few drops of vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
salt
3/4 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup dried cranberries (dried cherries would also be nice)



Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mash up the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until well mixed, then whisk with an electric beater until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Sift in the flour and baking powder, and add a small pinch of salt. Beat with the wooden spoon to make a soft sandy mixture. Stir in chocolate and cranberries.
Lightly moisten your hands and roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Arrange them on the sheets, leaving a fair space between for flattening and spreading. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden and darkening around the edges. Remove from the oven, but leave them on the sheet to cool and firm up. These will keep in a cookie jar for a couple of days.


IHCC Tessa Kiros Button

8 opmerkingen:

  1. What a good combination of flavors. Very nice! I am a sucker for cookies and would eat far too many :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The perfect combination, chocolate with cranberries. I think these would be great with a glass of milk... might have to go onto my December cookie list!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Mmmm...these sound fabulous. And so perfect for the holidays. They are already on my list of things to try!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'm thankful for chocolate too. Good choice for this week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Chocolate and cranberries - great combo for the season!
    They look absolutely delicious.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Chocolate cookies are always in the comfort foods category! Yum! I love cookies specially when you cannot have cake like when you need something on the go, or you need to have treats inside your handbag for your toddler's trip to the pedia for a vaccine...and the list goes on...or you just need a good choco cookie to munch on. I told you the list never stops. A must try! Thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I am always thankful for chocolate:) I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago and we really loved it. Yours look gorgeous!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I love these with the chocolate and cranberry pairing--so pretty for the season. Great pick!
    ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen